The WSQHA Scholarship is a one year renewable grant to a youth that has been active in the Washington State Youth Quarter horse association. The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of individual Merit to a youth who enrolls in an accredited secondary school, including but not limited to, community college, four year college, university, vocational, or technical school.
- Must be a Resident of Washington
- Must be a member of WSQHYA for three years including year of application
- First time applicants must be active members of WSQHYA, attending regular meetings, being involved in youth activities and complying with the rules of WSQHYA
- Applicants must have earned a high school diploma, GED or be eligible to receive one within 6 months of submitting the application.
- Submit a copy of diploma, certificate or current transcripts
- Applicants may apply up to three years after graduation from High School
- Recipients have up to three years after receiving grant to make use of the funds. After that time, the award will become null and void and the funds will revert back to WSQHA
- Application including all supporting documentation must be mailed in one packet and received no later than July 1st of the year the applicant wishes to receive the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be announced by August 31st of the application year
- Any involvement in the WSQHA Ambassadors Program and WSQHYA may carry more weight in the final determination of the award. Promoting the American Quarter Horse is the goal of WSQHA
- All applications and supporting documents shall become property of WSQHA
- The selection committee shall hold all information in strict confidence
- The recipient will not directly receive the funds. The scholarship recipient must notify their institution that he/she will receive funds which will be applied to their student account and will be used for educational expenses
- Any funds not used in one calendar year shall be returned to WSQHA